I had no answer to this question. I was stumped. I drew a blank as I watched Brendan finish his protein drink.
Does this mean I have everything? Does this mean I am complete, whole and consummate? But I’m a Croat, that’s impossible! Everything comes to me riddled. Freedom especially. I love my problems – this is a matter of national pride – my barricades and my heads-of-state. Wall me in, throw me a clash or a confrontation. I’m alive only when embattled. Chaos tickles me. And freedom is a slippery product anyway. It’s colorless, it doesn’t talk to you, it doesn’t move until agitated. It’s like water: no one necessarily likes to drink it... until it’s taken away and then you think of NOTHING else.
But back to Brendan: You’re a free man, don’t you get it? You’re free! What more do you want?
I’m a roving engine of curiosity. My actions are stopgaps and my thoughts are scarcely within my control. Far from the flowing dress of the Buddhist monk, my life is an ill-fitting jumpsuit. So I am truly flabbergasted, and grateful too, that it can feel so comfortable at times. HAHAHAHA!
But anyway, things can be better, of course... so with Christmas in mind, I made a small list:
1. a svelte redhead with freckles and pink gums
2. a skinny cat with a tail-kink and a haughty eye
3. a live grizzly you can scratch and pat on the back
4. the legs of a sprinter
5. the eyes of lynx
6. the swiftness of a lizard
7. a houseboat moored off Dubrovnik
8. a small Balkan province in the Benelux
9. a rucksack full of gold bouillon
10. and lastly - as a matter of course - a carte blanche for this and adjacent galaxies
(this list is not exhaustive... feel free to add liberally).